Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

My favorite go to bread, part 2


In part 1, I shared the basic recipe for my favorite go to bread.  Today, I am going to show you how you can take that basic recipe and do all sorts of amazing things with it.

First off, 


You could make just a basic round loaf.  I use this shape mostly when making communion bread.  But in a hurry, it makes a great shape for dinner as well.

Next, 




You could form small balls, about a tablespoon each in size, and put three in each muffin tin hole.  These make great little clover shaped rolls which come apart nicely for buttering and honey.  Bake time is approximately 15 to 20 minutes.




Or you could divide it into approximately 18 - 24 separate rolls.  These can be baked just on a cookie sheet or in a muffin tin, as shown.  Bake time is the same as for the clover rolls.





Last, and my personal favorite, is to take the dough, divide into three peices, roll into long "snakes" (as my little guy calls them)  and then braid it.  Here is a great video on how to braid bread. Obviously, I only do the 3 strand but you are welcome to get creative.  Bake time for this is about the same as just a regular round loaf.

One recipe, many variations!  Love it!

I hope you have enjoyed reading about this fun bread.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask me in the comments.  Happy Baking!







No comments:

Post a Comment