Thursday, May 19, 2016

Egg drop experiment and video


We had a bit of fun over the past 2 weeks.  My husband mentioned that he had done this in high school and I thought, heck, why don't we try that for fun science?!  I told my children what I was planning, and my daughter suggested we make a video out of it.  And, as they say, the rest is history.  Today, I am sharing my first vlog.  I am a bit of a novice about the whole video taking and making thing, but over all I am satisfied with the outcome.  

Here is the link to our project:



If you would like to do this project with your family, here are the general supplies you need:

a box for each child - I used the medium flat rate boxes you can get free from the post office.  They were not too big or too small.  It was perfect.

packing or duct tape would be best for sealing them shut

an egg for each child, left raw

Other fun things to gather would be:

styrofoam
bubble wrap
packing peanuts
pillow fluff
batting
newspaper
paper
old towels and washclothes or other pieces of cloth

or any other thing your child might like - as you could see some of mine wanted jello, hay, and sponges.  The skies the limit as long as it is soft and will absorb the impact of the drop.

We had a blast planning this all out.  Nobody knew till that day what each other had put together and, yes, my children designed each completely on their own with no adult help (except to mix the jello).  

Hope you enjoy watching our little fun science project as much as we did making it!


No comments:

Post a Comment